Leslie Olton, DMD
Bringing healthy, beautiful smiles to the children of my community has been my ultimate goal as a dentist. I like working with children to help them feel good about themselves and instill in them the importance of good oral health habits. It’s so rewarding to get to know so many kids. Their unique personalities and the funny things they say make each day entertaining.
Education and Experience
I attended Wheaton College for my undergraduate education, graduating with my Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Biology in 1987 and was awarded the Julia Lange Award Scholarship for postgraduate study in a health science. I completed my dental education at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, earning my Doctorate of Dental Medicine in 1992. I spent my Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency at the University of California, San Francisco and taught there as a visiting post-doctorate scholar and assistant clinical professor until 1997.
I was awarded the Excellence in Teaching Award: Clinical Faculty at UCSF and was accepted into the Xi Psi Phi Fraternity: Iota Chapter in 1995. I have also been honored to have been voted a “Top Dentist” by my peers in Rhode Island Monthly Magazine in 2011.
I am actively involved in continuing education in order to provide my patients with the quality dental services they deserve. I have continued my education, attending several courses and programs over the years to extend my field of expertise. I have completed mini-residencies in prenatal and pediatric dentistry, conscious oral sedation and orthodontics and have annually met the continuing education requirements of the state of Rhode Island. In addition, I have been a member of numerous professional organizations in order to stay active in the greater dental community.
- American Association of Women Dentists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Rhode Island Dental Association
In the Community
My community has always been an important priority for me, and I have been active in several local and national organizations over the years, including:
- Boston Athletic Association
- Internship: US Coast Guard, Alameda, CA
- “Smile Squad” Dental Community Outreach Program, Boston, MA
- Battered Women’s Association: Urban Life Center, San Francisco, CA
- Career Options Day: Alumni Association, UOP, San Francisco, CA
- 1st Annual Pride-a-thon volunteer, UCSF, San Francisco, CA
- Sol Silverman Fund benefit coordinator and donor
- National Health Service Corps
- Child Health & Disability Prevention Program, Oakland, CA
- Health Fair: St. Mary’s Academy, Bayview
- Give Kids a Smile Day
Outside the Office
I am originally from Warwick, RI and currently live in Pawtucket with my daughter, Olivia, our dog, Elton and two cats, Wister and Hawkins. When I’m not spending time with Olivia, I enjoy Pilates and dancing. I love to travel as well and have been to Italy, Greece and Hawaii, just to name a few.